Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 17, 2011

My Secret to Writing with a Fresh Perspective





Using Crystals to Help You Stay Focused on Writing by Devyn Dawson

            Everyone is always asking me if I have a routine I do before I write.  I do have a few things that I do to make it a more productive writing session.  If I know I’m going to do a long marathon of writing, I write at the dining room table.  There is a white candle that I burn to help with positive energy and a black candle to absorb the negative energy.  Weird right?  I’d like to clarify that I am not a witch, nor do I practice magic.  I do however believe in energy in the room, or even in myself.  I do use crystals to help me with my writing and feel that even if it is psychosomatic, no one is harmed and in my head it helps.  I keep them in a bag and I keep it on my person when I’m writing.  If you’re interested in crystals, there are a lot of places to buy them online.  Here is the list of crystals that I use.

Amethyst - this is a stone I wear and my kids do too.  Amethysts really help you stay focused and helps people with A.D.D. stay on task.  It is something you can put under your pillow for pleasant dreams.  It helps with headaches by rubbing the stone on your forehead.  Did you know that Catholic Bishops wear an amethyst to symbolize humility, sincerity, and wisdom?  When not in use, place it in a window sill to absorb sunlight.  I have to have it on my when I write - if I have no other stone, I must have it.

Green Calcite -  This stone will help give you balance in the mind and is gives off positive energy while it absorbs the negative.  It is also good for arthritis. 

Rose Quartz - It is very helpful at giving inner peace.  It is known to be the love stone and will help you open your heart to be responsive to love.  I use this stone to help with feelings in my story.

Blue Quartz - It helps calm the mind (sounds like I have ADD doesn’t it?) - it gives you understanding, and it inspires hope.

Kyanite - It restores energy and gives you inner peace and tranquility.  This stone is known to help the mind be clear and is a useful stone for writers.

Tigers eye - Rumor is, the person that wears this stone cannot be lied to.  It lets you see everything.  It is a good luck stone and will protect you from the evil eye (not that I’m in danger of the evil eye, but I’m protected!).


Quartz Crystal - Oh this is an amazing stone - this stone gives off energy and is known to heal.  It gives you deeper understanding and helps you have clear thoughts.  It is important that other people not handle this stone for you.  It is best if it only has your energy.  To recharge the crystal - set it in the window sill during a full moon - it will clear it from any negativity that may have been absorbed.

Hematite - If you wear this stone as jewelry, you should wear it on your left hand.  It increases your intuition.  This stone is great for protecting you against bleeding and it is said to make you invincible in battle.  I don’t particularly think it will and not willing to test that theory.

Fulgerite - This stone is created by lightning strikes.  It connects you to divine energy and will open up your psychic energy.

Those are the stones I use.  I keep them in a nice small amulet bag.  If you have crystals that you use, let me know about them.  I’m always wanting to know more about them and the earth energy surrounding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment