Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 23, 2011

another mistake

Okay, so as soon as I got the final rendition of my book cover I placed an order for a sign.  You see, they were having a sale.  I'm a sucker for a sale.  I had a budget. They had a sale.  I could buy a sign twice as big for even less money than what I budgeted.  I bought a 6' sign of my book cover!  It is on vinyl and can be put outside (I can't imagine ever needing it outside) and it is 30" wide.  I drive a Miata.  It rolls up nicely.  Perfect... right?  Nope.  The mall doesn't allow us to hang anything up.... so what do I do with a 6' sign that now can't be hung up?  My friends aren't even tall enough to hold it up.... it would be funny to have them hold it up for several hours. I don't think they'd like me much... I came up with a great idea.  I have those every once in a while.  I went out to buy a easel and rig up a board for my six foot sign to adhere to.  Everything seemed awesome... I even get the chance to spray paint the easel (I'm slightly addicted to spray painting things).  Everything was awesome until I realized the big solid board my sign goes onto doesn't fit in my car.  It fits amazingly in my husbands car, the very car he has to use to carry all of his military crap (I didn't call his stuff crap, I'll deny it) to work in.  I have a friend that when she found out she was pregnant with her first kiddo she ran out and bought a mini-van... I think I'll hitch a ride with her.  She is one of the friends I wouldn't mind holding up my sign, but she is only 5'3" and would look a little silly standing on a chair holding my sign.  Still a funny thought to to think...  I'd better send her a text... the trials of being me can be exhausting.

3 comments:

  1. Great story! I make mistakes like that ALL the time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistakes make in memorable... if everything went perfect like would be boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. point made - if life were perfect..bahahaha

    ReplyDelete