Thursday, May 10, 2012
Hey everyone, I want you to know about YALL FEST 2012. If you are interested in writing or are a writer, this is the event to attend. The authors range from Heather Brewer to David Levithan. Keep an eye on my blog for upcoming giveaways that will be directly involved in this event.
I'm planning on being there - I hope to see you there too! Click on the button over there --->
to learn more about the festival.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
These are real things that have happened to me - slightly embellished, but I am a writer and that's what I do.
Don't you love it when....
1. You question your adult daughter if you're too old to wear something....and she says yes. Ouch - bye bye Justin Bieber concert shirt.
2. Someone asks you if you cut your hair (that was down your back and now above your ears) and then says.... you really should let it grow long again.
3. Someone says, "Yeah, you write about them there vampires... not my cup of tea." (okay... thanks)
4. When someone says... "Wow, you look tired." I just woke up after a 12 hour nap, thanks.
5. You email another author and call them the wrong name...twice. Yup, I did that.
6. You forget the names of the characters in your own book. I have a name encyclopedia for my series now.
7. You have nothing to blog about so you make a dumb list.
8. Someone returns one of your electronic books that was only $0.99 cents - true!
9. No one leaves a comment and you practically have to beg people to love you.
10. You run into people when you're letting your eyebrows grow out. It is hard to hide - seriously.
Leave me a comment and tell me your "Don't you love it when..." There just might be a random drawing for something fabulous (you can't have my Justin Bieber shirt).